An estimated 4 million people in Australia have limited digital skills and interest, but 22 million Australians now have an online summary of their health information on My Health Record.
Good Things Foundation believes that supporting people to learn essential digital literacy skills is critical to ensuring every Australian can make informed, confident choices when it comes to supporting their health and wellbeing online. In a recent survey, 70% of our network of community organisations said they were interested in providing digital health literacy support to meet this need.
“Every Australian Online” is the aim of the Be Connected program grant that Ignite Potential has received to build Digital Literacy that support older Australians to gain basic digital skills and confidence such as:
• Learning new devices including computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones
• Upgrading software for devices
• Learning the basics of Internet so that most activities can be conducted online
• Training to be a digital mentor
• Learning how to print, etc.
IGNITE POTENTIAL INCORPORATED
DARWIN, NT 0800, AU
Tel: 045 2603446
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: